Orlando, who was dining with Leonardo DiCaprio at the Cipriani restaurant on Wednesday night, was very, very angry, when Justin, who didn’t have a reservation at the eatery, approached their table to try to talk to the actors.
DiCaprio had proceeded to shoo away the pop singer with his hand, leading Bieber to provoke a fight which saw Bloom jump over a sofa to get at the 20-year-old Baby singer at the restaurant."
(x) this just keeps getting better
dicaprio had proceeded to shoo away the pop singer with his hand
god, bieber is such a prick
marspetrichor said: I used to watch Death Note! So Light is this high school student whose dad is a cop. One day he comes into possession of this notebook called a Death Note and there's this Shinigami (death god) attached to it that explains that every time he writes someone's name in it, they will die. At first he's like, naw I'm not going to use it , but he's on a bus that gets high jacked and he (I forget how he figures out the guys name) writes the name of the high jacker and he dies of a heart attack.
(CONT’D) He starts thinking about it, and he hears from his dad all the people he had to let go because they didn’t have enough evidence, or there was a procedural error. And he thinks, I can get the guys that fall through the cracks. So a bunch of criminals start to die of heart attacks and it’s super suspicious so they bring in this detective named L. I think he’s called that because he’s a super detective and needs an alias. So anyway they start this back and forth where Light tried to stay hidden, keep killing and find out L’s name, and L tries to find out who the one mysteriously killing people is. It basically shows how Light had good intentions but really gets a god complex by the end and gets out of control.
OK, so… I know I have been CRAZY BUSY this week. But DO NOT WORRY! Because I remember EXACTLY why I received this message from you, because I’m still laughing about that Death Note post. It was just such a… perfect little paragraph of absurdism. Below, find a running commentary of my thoughts while reading this:
- Oh, look! marspetrichor is so lovely! I’m so pleased she took the time to write this. I have such great followers.
- I’m def gonna side with that post. Who names these children???
- The dad actually sounds like a super interesting guy. I mean, when I think “cop” I think “straight-laced-dude-or-dudette.” But here he is with this kid called “Light” and I bet this guy would be a really interesting, complex guy to know.
- So this Death Note notebook… Why is it called a Death Note? I mean, is that a standard type of notebook one can buy somewhere? Are the options something like legal, college ruled, wide rules, spiral bound, 3 subject, 5 subject, or Death Note?
- So, this Death Note has a Shingami attached to it. Do all Death Note notebooks have one attached to them? That seems like a really dangerous unnecessary thing to mass produce. Why would someone want that?
- Or is there just one Death Note notebook? This message makes it seem like there are lots of Death Notes out there. But if there is only one then a) why does it have a name? who names a notebook? is that something people do, like how some estates have names (e.g. Downton Abbey, Blenheim Palace, etc.)? and b) If you didn’t know the Death Note came with a Shingami,wouldn’t you still not want the thing on the grounds of SCARY NAME IS SCARY.
- Light’s moral compass seems Sketch City to me. I mean, this is a short summary and I’m gonna give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that his life literally was hanging in the balance when he used the notebook… But like… the appropriate reaction to killing someone is like… at least a little bit of guilt and or remorse, right? Instead he decides to go all serial killer. *sideeye* Like… Excluding the supernatural circumstances and stuff, that’s sort of the premise of Dexter… Light definitely seems like a serial killer to me. Not sure I’m into it. And, you know, Dexter always made 10000000% sure that the people he killed were actually guilty, at least. It doesn’t seem as though light thinks things through that much. Does Light have a team or a Scooby Gang or something? How have none of them told him that he’s a serial killer? Also, I can’t make gifs and I’m SO MAD, because if I could this is where I’d put a gif from the pilot of Dexter from right before he kills that pedophile/serial killer and Dexter explains that even though Dexter kill’s people he’s still a way better person than the pedophile guy and then says, “You know why? Because I have standards!” and then shoots the guy full of some sedative. But, as far as I can tell, nobody has made that gif yet nor can I even find youtube video of that scene.
- Hey, if anybody wanted to make that Dexter gif, they’d be my hero.
- When you say L is a “super detective,” do you mean that he is a superhero who works for pay as a detective? That sounds… pretty cool actually! If you don’t mean that, then… that’s kinda weird. Is he just a really good detective who decided to pre-emptively work under a false identity? What’s the motivation there?
- I definitely like how you explained that we’re not supposed to think “Woohoo! Light! Good guy!!!” Because, he sounds like a really horrible person. Pretty sure his father would be really disappointed him him, if he knew.
- Is there a reason Light needs to know L’s name? Like, is that just so he can write L’s name in the notebook? It sounds like, if that’s the case, L knows about the notebook. Which is…convenient. And now IDK if I root for him either. He could very well be planning to take back the notebook for himself and use it.
- I’m not sure who I’m supposed to root for here. Right now, I just feel really bad for Light’s dad. I mean, how disappointing it would be to devote your life to finding justice — even if you fail sometimes — and then to have your own son just…completely disregard that system. The dad probably doesn’t know, at least at first. But it’s still sad.
- The original post mentioned something about a weird frog, I think??????? I’m still extremely unclear about the frog.
- This was very informative thank you.
- The whole naming your kid “Light” makes sense really. Hikari (which means Light) is a pretty popular name in Japan, so just taking the English meaning for it makes sense to keep things unique. A lot of manga/jpop will add in English words to be cool or hip. Like the groups L’Arc-n-ciel or Big Bang or Super Junior - these are all Asian boy bands with English names. (Japanese and Korean)
- It’s called a Death Note cause it’s a notebook that kills people. I forget the origin but it’s something you find. And the Shinigami is attached to it because the Shinigami was a user of the Death Note in the past (thus punished to accompany it).
- For the whole complex morale compass, the funny thing is that when Light did find out about it’s power, the first thing he did was enact some street justice. Serial killers/murders/pedophiles would receive light sentences on technicalities or something so he was on a vigilante killing spree of killing criminals. He saw himself as a hero but the police were of course concerned about a vigilante.
- I don’t remember much about L being a super detective, only that he was super smart and liked sweets (eccentricities included like with Sherlock Holmes. Police need him but still don’t really understand him.)
- Light needs L’s name cause the Death Note won’t work if you put “Detective L” or “Neighbor” or “Criminal”. It only works on a first and last name. There are other rules about time limits or how you want them to die, but the first requirement is a first and last name, otherwise no dice.
Hope this clears up some stuff for you Eden!